SecureIT: Our 2021 Annual Conference
SecureIT, ACPE’s 2021 conference is scheduled for May 4-6, 2021. This year’s event is virtual, as we all continue to prioritize safety during the pandemic. Some things are the same, like great keynotes, presentations, social events, store swag, and casino chips! Some things are different, like how and where we’re meeting and learning together. This page will continue to be the source for all the news that is fit to print. Please see the information below—what’s the same, what’s different—and register you and your team today!
- Attendees who register before March 1, 2021 will receive 50 casino chips.
- Attendees who register before April 1, 2021 will receive 25 casino chips.
Note: Chips are much lighter when they’re virtual.
Price: $250 per person
Registration is closed. See you next year!
The bad news about this year: We know, we know. Most of us are thinking, please not another virtual event. And the pandemic doesn’t care.
The good news about this year: We, as technology professionals and ACPE members are natural innovators. Every day. The ACPE Board of Directors has spent the last six months preparing a virtual conference to rival all others.
What’s the Same?
- High-quality keynotes
- High-quality presentations and sessions on a wide range of topics
- Connections with sponsors, attendees, and indutry experts
- Social and after-hours events
- ACPE store
- Casino chips
- ACPE swag (we’re excited for this year’s SecureIT sweatshirt, modeled by Steve Langford in the photos below)
- Camaraderie and shared learning
- The lower cost of the event. It’s a simple $250 per attendee this year.
- Capacity and attendee limits. Because we are virtual this year, we can accommodate more attendees. This includes inviting our peers from Alaska, Idaho, and Montana. (And, we know several CIOs who are registering their full team for the 2021 event because of the reduced fee and lack of travel/lodging expenses.)
- How we attend the event. We’ll use a combination of digital tools and video conferencing for this year’s event.
- When we attend the event. We have scheduled this year’s event for May 4-6, but there will also be expanded content opportunities starting in April and continuing to June.
- Additional learning opportunities. Because we do not have resort and food expenses, we are able to invest in an expanded schedule of focus sessions and advanced series and certification bootcamps and digital labs. These are available for free (and/or greatly reduced costs for bootcamps) for 2021 attendees.
- How we collect chips, buy store gear, and enter prize drawings. The fishbowls are virtual this year! And we’ll ship your store goodies directly to you.
- The emerging hope for some small-scale, outdoor, safe (CDC guidelines) gatherings with sponsors and colleagues by the time we hit May and June. (Stay tuned and wear a mask.)
SecureIT 2021 Sweatshirt
Thanks to Cheri Rhinhart for the fantastic sweatshirt for this year’s event. And to Steve Langford for modeling.
What Does Registration Include?
Each attendee will receive:
- access to the May 4-6 main conference schedule of events, including keynotes, product spotlights, and technical sessions
- access to a catalog of expanded learning and lab opportunities, e.g. certifications, in-depth series, and bootcamps (a small handful of these may cost an additional fee; for those that do, the fee represents a significant cost savings from market price)
- access to social events*, casino chips, and prize drawings
- access to the ACPE store
- a custom SecureIT black sweatshirt, mailed to your door (home or work)
We are excited to host a number of evening events this year, including but not limited to ACPE Trivia Night, cooking class with a professional Pacific Northwest chef, craft cocktail class with a professional Pacific Northwest bartender, chess class with a Pacific Northwest chess master, craft classes, and artist performances.
ACPE’s annual conference is designed to foster long-lasting relationships and partnerships for education technologies that support the sharing of knowledge, skills, and best practices. ACPE’s uniqueness is rooted in networking, relationships, and collaboration. We bring you the very best among us to lead our sessions in a way that keeps them both practical and visionary. The ACPE Board is committed to delivering the very best innovative IT strategies, practices and pragmatic solutions to our membership at every event.
ACPE Events Code of Conduct
When you register, attend or are a part of any function at an ACPE event, you voluntarily agree to abide by the following code of conduct. ACPE is committed to providing a friendly, safe, supportive, and harassment-free environment for all conference attendees and participants, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, or another group identity. It is important to remember that a community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a productive one. Accordingly, ACPE prohibits intimidating, threatening, or harassing conduct during its conferences or events. Harassment includes deliberate intimidation, display of inappropriate images or recordings, sustained disruption of talks, and unwelcome physical contact.
This code of conduct applies to all event and conference attendees, including all members, speakers, media representatives, exhibitors, sponsors, volunteers, and staff. Harassment of participants will not be tolerated in any form, and ACPE expects immediate compliance from anyone asked to stop harassing behavior. Conference attendees and participants should respect common sense rules for public behavior, personal interaction, common courtesy, and respect for private property. If you wouldn’t do it at home or in the office, please do not do it here.
Please report any incidents in which a participant in the meeting is abusive, insulting, intimidating, or acting in an unsafe or illegal manner to an ACPE Board member immediately. The ACPE Board will be available onsite during all events and conferences. They will be happy to assist participants with contacting venue security or local law enforcement. If you need assistance or wish to file a complaint, please contact any member of the board.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
As a registrant, if you are unable to attend or need to cancel your registration within 30 days of the conference, you will receive a full refund, less a $50 processing fee which covers registration and membership fees. Registrants who fail to attend and do not cancel 30 days prior to the conference will not receive a refund. All registrants are required to be ACPE members. Therefore, the ACPE annual membership fee included in the registration process is non-refundable and registrants who cancel are granted an ACPE annual membership.
Refunds can take up to 30 days to process. A cancellation confirmation will be sent immediately via email upon cancellation. A final receipt will be sent once the refund has been processed online if you used a credit card that can be credited or a check has been sent in the mail if you paid by check.
This year ACPEnw’s annual conference is scheduled to be held virtually on May 4-6, 2021.
The conference’s schedule and details for the conference’s keynote speakers, events, activities, and sessions are not kept on this website. This information will be made available through the conference website.
The first schedule update is planned for March 15. Keep in mind, all conference sessions, presentations, events, and activities are subject to change until April 8. We do post changes as they occur. We publish the final conference schedule on April 15.
You can submit a proposal to present at the 2021 conference as soon as the Board has finalized the conference logistics in February. Come back here to check on the details, status and logistics for session proposals.
The proposal form will be sent to the membership and posted here when available.
Registration opens February 1, 2021 via an email to the ACPE membership with links and instructions.
Only staff of K-12 educational organizations and non-profits are qualified to register in accordance with the ACPEnw by-laws. No uninvited corporate attendees are permitted to register using this link.
Sponsors register on April 1 by invitation only.
The sponsor’s point of contact with ACPE will be provided this information to pass on to their staff attending. Sponsors of ACPE have attendance benefits and limited discounted registrations. All sponsor registrations include access to all pre-conference sessions, sessions, keynotes, sponsor showcases, and social events.
The only means for vendors to attend the annual conference is through sponsorship or special invitation from the Board.